There are various acne treatment methods available, although many of them will give you results, some can actually harm your skin in the process. There are lots of excellent home remedies for acne that are natural and safe. This way you can treat your acne in the privacy of your own home without being concerned about the potential after effects of harsh skin cleaners or strong antibiotics. Because of this a lot of people are opting for a home remedies for acne treatment which is suitable, budget-friendly and more importantly, will work.
Acne is absolutely not caused by dirt, which is a common belief. Actually people that have acne most likely have the cleanest faces of all. However over cleaning your face can easily over stimulate the sebaceous glands and also cause you to have more spots as it can worsen the condition.
Obviously, eating well, consuming nutritional vitamin supplements drinking enough water and getting physical exercise to detoxify your body, utilizing a beneficial acne remedy can complement and boost your acne treatment. Here are a few very simple homemade treatments you can use to reduce the appearance and get rid of stubborn pimples:
- Make an egg yolk mask. It may look as an unusual method of treating pimples however it can in fact be useful to eliminate excess oils from your skin. Apply egg yolk using a cotton ball or pad to your spots and leave on for 10-20 minutes prior to washing completely with cold water.
- Mix juice of lemon and rose water together, apply over face using a cotton ball or pad, and leave for 30 minutes and after that rinse. Do this for 15-25 days. Repeating this regularly will not only get rid of acne and pimples, but it also provides the effect of mild bleaching of the skin blemishes.
- Condiments such as salt and vinegar are a great home remedy for acne. Just mix the two together and apply over the pimples. Leave it there for some 15 to 20 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water.
- Cucumber is great for hydrating and refreshing skin, applied as a facial mask and utilized for half an hour per day will assist you to prevent acne from breaking out. As an alternative, fresh mint juice applied straight to the skin.
- You can also use orange peel on the skin. It needs to be mashed or blended, mix with some water to form a paste before applying on most affected places.
- Take just one tablespoon of sour cream, one tablespoon of yogurt and one tablespoon of grind oatmeal mixed with 4-5 drops of lemon juice and apply to the face, rinsing off after about a quarter of an hour.
- Groundnut oil combined with one tablespoon of limejuice can be applied straight on to spots using a cotton pad to prevent further outbreaks.
- Mix cinnamon powder and honey together to make a fine paste and apply on pimples over night and wash it off in the morning with warm water. Continue doing this for two to three weeks and your pimples will disappear.
- Mix turmeric powder with some mint juice before applying on the acne. After about half an hour wash it off with clean, lukewarm water.
- If you are feeling specially courageous and are a fan of garlic then you could apply some fresh garlic directly on the pimples. They will vanish after repeated applications.
- Mash a half cup of apple and use a half cup of cooked oatmeal, one tablespoon of lemon juice and one slightly beaten egg white to create a paste. Apply liberally to your face for 15-20 minutes after that wash it off with cold water.
- While not thought as an acne cure, milk can act as a very useful and efficient home remedy for acne. Mix the milk with nutmeg and you have a very effective paste to move those pimples away.
- Make a fine paste of turmeric powder with neem leaves which should be applied on the affected areas then rinse after half an hour with lukewarm water.
- Toothpaste helps to reduce swelling of existing pimples. Applying a tiny bit on the affected area over night and then rinsing the following day, you will notice an immediate effect in the size of the pimple and its size will be considerably reduced. Strawberry leaves also can help to decrease swelling.